École catholique Cathédrale proclaims that all people are created in the image and likeness of God and, as such, have the right to be treated with dignity, respect and fairness. The school further recognizes that a whole-school approach to engaging the school community will help the School’s efforts to address inappropriate behaviour.
To these ends, the School will utilise the Ministry of Education definition of bullying in communications with the school community:
In its communication efforts, we will:
* Make known that a positive school climate is essential for student achievement and well-being
* Identify the factors that contribute to a safe, inclusive caring and accepting school climate.
* Support relationship building and focus on promoting healthy relationships using a variety of strategies
* Educate parents and students regarding the differences between bullying, conflict, aggression and teasing
* Explore and identify the underlying factors that contribute to conflict and/or bullying
* Work in partnership with parents and the broader school community to build awareness about the resources and pathways available.
* Be responsive to parental concerns and continue to build relationships and resiliency.
Ecole catholique Cathédrale will communicate and share with the school community, policies and procedures including the Board/school Code of Conduct, equity and inclusive education policy and guidelines for religious accommodations, procedures to address incidents of discrimination, progressive discipline approach, and promoting positive school climate and well-being.”
We will endeavour to increase education, awareness and outreach by using the following best practices:
* A whole-school approach to creating a safe and caring school;
* Religious and Family Life Education curriculum focused on building relationships;
* Promotion of community supports for students, staff and families when need arises;
* Embracing and promoting our mission to learn, think and act guided by the love, justice and humility of Christ.
Positive School Climate and Well-Being