Skip to main content
135 Adam St, Belleville, ON, K8N 5K3| Office: 613-968-6993| |Career Opportunities Staff Links
Post Secondary

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​DEADLINE TO APPLY:

D2L button



Post Secondary Information Sessions

In the coming months, Student Services will be hosting many presentations to provide students with the information they need to make post-secondary decisions.  For a complete list of visits, refer to the St. Theresa Catholic Secondary School Calendar, check with Guidance, and watch your D2L page.

Open Houses​

Universities and colleges regularly advertise open houses and fall campus days on their websites.  Individual tours are also available.  Once you apply to a college or university, you will receive invitations to attend campus tours.  Some institutions have sent posters to the school to advertise.  Please check the bulletin boards around the school for open house information, and check the school calendar for upcoming events.

Financial Aid

Students who are interested in OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) should visit  Students can access OSAP once they have accepted an offer of admission.  Students are encouraged to use the "Aid Estimator” to help estimate how much financial aid the qualify for, the approximate cost of their college or university program, and a repayment calculator for estimation of monthly OSAP loan repayments post- graduation.

Scholarship Information

Scholarships are available through specific institutions, and also through community organizations.  Some have specific criteria that students must provide in order to be eligible.  Students interested in applying for scholarships, please s​ee Student Services for more information.   

Applying to Out-of-Province Universities

Students interested in applying to universities outside of Ontario need to access the admissions information on the university’s website.  Each university has their own deadlines and requirements, and the student needs to be diligent in meeting those specifications.  In many cases, the student must send the university an official school transcript, which can be accessed through Student Services.  The Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC) will provide academic data to Bishop’s University, The University of British Columbia, Concordia University, Dalhousie University, McGill University, University of Calgary, Simon Fraser University, and the University of Victoria.  Students must have applied through OUAC.  The applicant must sign the release authorization and record their OUAC Reference Number on the out-of-province university application form.

Volunteer Hours

The completion of 40 hours' community involvement is a key component to receiving your diploma. The community involvement hours are to be completed and submitted to Student Services.  Students who do not complete these hours will not meet the Ministry of Education requirement for graduation.  Please see Student Services for a complete list of approved volunteer opportunities.


Other Institutions

  • Ontario Institute of Audio Recording Technology – Since 1983, OIART has been preparing students for rewarding careers in Music Production, Live Sound, Audio for Film and Television, and many other audio related fields. Audio technology is an ideal career path for students passionate about music, computers, electronics, audio and video, communications, internet, theater and live performance, radio and television broadcast or video games. Go to for more information.
  • Canadian Institute of Dental Hygiene – The CIDH, Canada’s first private accredited dental hygiene program, is now accepting applications for its program that will begin in March, 2012.  It is located in Hamilton, Ontario, and the program is offered over 3 semesters.  Applicants must have completed English, Biology and Chemistry or Physics at the college or university level, as well as write a pre-admissions test.  There are a variety of dates.  Visit the website at ​ 
  • Max the Mutt Animation School – Max the Mutt Animation School is a registered career college with approved diploma programs, and is recognized and respected by the animation and gaming industries for the excellence of its curriculum.    Visit their website for more information:
  • Metal Works (Institute of Sound and Music Production) – Metalworks Institute of Sound and Music Production is an independent institution providing education in the areas of audio recording, live production and the business of entertainment.

Personal Statement of Experience

The Personal Statement of Experience (PSE) is a mandatory part of the Queen’s admission process.  The PSE allows students the opportunity to provide information regarding academic distinctions, extra-curricular activities, work and volunteer experiences.  Other universities require a personal information form.  Students are required to submit this supplemental information by the due date that the university has instated.  

The PSE is completed and submitted online by visiting:​

Additional Links:

Queen’s Trent Concurrent Education Program PSE form

Click on images below: