Families | Community » Student Accident Insurance

Student Accident Insurance

Accidents can occur anytime, especially when children are playing, participating in sports, or engaging in activities. If a child sustains a physical injury due to an accident, there may be associated financial costs. These costs could include ambulance fees, casts, crutches, physiotherapy, or emergency dental care. But who covers these expenses? Parents or guardians are responsible for costs not covered by government health insurance plans or employer health plans.


It’s important to note that schools and school boards do not provide coverage for accidents that happen on school premises. To address this, your school board has partnered with Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada to offer the insuremykids® coverage. While participation is voluntary, it is highly recommended.

  • Coverage extends to your child at school, away from school, at home, and during field trips.
  • Protection against accidents is provided 24/7 throughout the year.
  • The Platinum Plan offers exceptional value, covering out-of-province medical emergencies and including travel benefits. Plans at $25 and $17 are also available.
  • Families with three or more children can save on premiums.
  • Opting for a 3-year or 5-year plan also results in cost savings.

Common claims we handle include fractures, dislocations, medical devices, dental treatment, and physiotherapy.

Visit www.insuremykids.com or call 1-800-463-5437