I am writing to you today to provide an update with regards to the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) job action. This union represents the following employees at the ALCDSB; Educational Assistants, Early Childhood Educators, Secretaries, Youth Workers, Custodial Maintenance, and Central Clerical and Technical Staff.
CUPE continues its full withdrawal of services. As a result, all ALCDSB schools will remain closed to students Monday, November 7, 2022 and until further notice. To ensure the health and safety of staff and students all classes will be going to emergency asynchronous online learning.
If the withdrawal of services continues throughout the week, all emergency online classes will shift to synchronous learning, Wednesday, November 9, 2022. Every effort will be made to remove barriers so that all students can fully participate in their learning during this time. Also, please check your child's D2L Page for classroom instructions.
All students currently enrolled in remote learning will continue classes as normal.
In the event of a continued withdrawal of services, as of Monday, November 7, 2022;
- Parent teacher interviews may continue as planned
- Co-operative Education and Dual Credit programming may continue to run at offsite locations
- Extracurricular activities, including Community Use of Schools, will NOT be running on school property
- Before or after school and childcare programs will NOT be in operation at any ALCDSB school sites
- Student transportation services will NOT be provided
- Your school will communicate its technology deployment strategy through school messenger.
Please monitor your email for school messenger updates daily, visit our social media platforms or visit alcdsb.on.ca.
Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Director of Education