Construction of the present three-room St. Patrick School, with basement auditorium for parish and school activities, was begun in April 1940. Archbishop M.J. O'Brien purchased land across from the Church from a local resident, assisted by Parish Priest, Father J. Powell. With many parish men donating time and materials and with the Rashotte Brothers of Tweed as the main contractors, the two story brick school was built in record time. It opened for classes on September 14, 1940 with an enrolment of fifty-four pupils. The first teachers at the school were Miss Madeline Walsh and Miss Loretta Cunningham. On Sunday, October 6, 1940 at a special ceremony, Archbishop O'Brien blessed the school and named it in honour of St. Patrick.
Many changes have occurred since 1940. Until 1965, St. Patrick was a continuation school in which grades one to ten were taught; students then attended either Tamworth Continuation School or Regiopolis in Kingston for their remaining high school years. After that year, students attended Napanee District Secondary School or Regi for all of their secondary education. In 1968, the school became part of the Frontenac-Lennox and Addington County Roman Catholic Separate School Board (F.L.& A.C.R.C.S.S.B.) administered from Kingston.
In 1998, the F.L.& A.C.R.C.S.S.B. amalgamated with the Hastings Prince Edward S.S.B. to form our current School Board, Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board, with our Board Office located in Napanee.