Each member of the J.J. O.Neill Catholic School Community Council (hereinafter referred to as Council) shall commit to the mission statementss of the Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board.
The Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board Mission Statement:
"As followers of Christ, our mission within our school system, in partnership with the Catholic community, is to serve one another in the development of each person as a caring and contributing member of society."
|Treasurer||Michelle Hannah /Melissa Cassibo|
|Teacher Rep||Cathy Hobin|
|Vice Principal||Heather Healey|
|Parish Rep.||Jillian Perreault|
|Kinder Rep.||Erin Brown|
|Primary Rep.||Ashley Baldwin|
|Junior Rep.||Aileen French|
|Intermediate Rep.||Christine Roth|
September 2017 - Parent Council JJ.pdf
Minutes from Parent Council Meeting - October 19, 2017.pdf
parent council meeting Dec 12, 2017 .pdf.docx
School Council Jan24.pdf
Parent Council Mtg Feb 21st.pdf
Parent Council Minutes:March 21, 2018 @ 5:30p.m.
In Attendance: Heather H, Ray C, Christine R, Beth C, Ashley B, Laura C, Michelle H, Melissa C, Jessica, Beth C, Laura, Tammy H (near end)
Opening Prayer @ 5:35p.m. No additions to agenda. No presentations.
Adoption of prev mins. Summary: 4 buckets for fundraising money to be divided into by % (50% for tech, 30% for outdoor/sports, 10% classrm/trips, 10% grad/sacraments)
Treasurer Report: currently ~$9700 in acct, have recently purchased 1 more tech tub, also some hockey/soccer nets.
Important to let parents know where $ going from hot lunches.
Hot lunches going really well. Baseball tournament not going to happen this yr, not enough time. Try again next yr or possibly a volleyball tourn next yr.
Fun Fair: set for Thurs. May 24th 4:30-7:30 (will move indoors if inclement weather)
Proposal with all plans will need to be brought back to school/board for approval
Plans so far include:
-Silent Auction/possible basket raffles (maybe divisional not each class)
-Vendor booths (tupperware,etc.)
-Beaver/Sparks with car race track, face painting
-Total Aquatics (info booth)
-Firehall/Ambulance(?) safety lessons
-possibly Katie's Critters (farm animals)
-balloon animals, glitter tattoos, grade 7/8 painting nails
-hockey shoot-out with Raiders
Lots of variety for all ages, no cost to participate, bring non-perishable food item (?)
Charge for BBQ (hot dogs/hamb, juice boxes, water), cotton candy, popcorn sold by Davison's class, possible cakewalk
Passport of some sort for kids to get stamped at various games, earn themselves a freezie at end.
Teacher/student sign up sheet will go up, Tammy needs to send out general info letter soon.
Will look into license for raffle, organizers also need charitable #.
Church/School Music: Mr Kennedy will work on recording songs with students interested over next while. Unable to sell c.ds due to song rights.
Principal/VP report: see attached
Highlights - Lion King was huge success, some unexpected costs, don't have final cost/profit (?)
-Senior girls basketball board champions, great support from community, girls played hard
-Kindergarten registration, #s bit down, spread the word, start doing staffing #s now
Tammy mentioned backpack campaign lttr sent around by St. George's in Kingston..
$400 float money approved for use by fun fair organizers.
Adjournment @7:00pm Next meeting set for May 30th @ 5:30p.m.
J.J. School Council
Wednesday February 21st
- School, board and provincial goals surrounding mathematics – Special Assignment teacher Amy Cuthbert Brown will join JJ for her 3rd block of time in April
- SIPSAW Board in Learning Commons – documenting our journey
- School focus Math and Literacy, moving students beyond level 2 and 3 – OFIP Tutoring project for grade 3 and 6 starting in April twice a week
- CGE's – integration through month school themes – March is Forgiveness and April is Justice. School Wide larger focus is Together is Better – We are COLLABORATIVE CONTRIBUTORS
- Legion Presentation at 9:30 Friday March 23rd – student winners who were successful in district and further success in regionals.
- Hydro Safety Presentation on Tuesday March 27 for grades 3-6
- Wednesday March 28th – family Math Night 5:30-7:00
- Thursday March 29th – Stations of the Cross K-2 @ 10:00 and grades 3-8 @ 11:00
- Together is Better Assembly April 3rd at 9:30
- Friday April 6th – Grade 7/8 Math Team competes at Queen's (Mrs. Perreault)
- April 10th – resuming weekday mass participation
- April 11th – IEP's go home
- April 13th – PA day – Staff at HC all day
- April 17th – Kidpreneur Exhibition in gym all day – grade 7-8
- April 25th – Tech and Tinker Trailer at JJ – First of 3 visits
- April 26th – JJ School Mass at the church 11:00
- April 29th – First Communion at 12:00
- School Purchases since last meeting – 30 gym pinnies, one Tech Tub of Ipads (only one class remaining)
- School Play – Huge Success
- Basketball Champs – senior girls
- Kindergarten registration